Thursday 20 March 2014

Korean Frenzy: Skincare + Makeup Haul 2014 - The Faceshop & Etude House Part 1

Hi all, is coming to end of March already. Been idled for 2 months since my last beauty posting. Korean beauty care never fails me. I have very good outcome from using products from the korean - Laneige (years ago), Skinfood and now The Faceshop as well as Etude House. There you go, my latest exposure :)

The Faceshop
Skincare - Chia Seed Mist & Emulsion Smells refreshing and light yet does not linger long. A good awakening to be used in the AM. I never tried using these without powder on, so I do not know whether it helps on my slight redness. But I do not feel dry or tight. It is said chia seed can absorb 10x of its water weight and is a good source for hydration to skin which my skin lacks of. To me, fully absorbs after massaging it and is just a typical emulsion texture. The Smim Night Cream It derives in fermentation type. Can be used AM/PM, if your skin is suitable for AM used. It is slightly oilier than Chia Seed Emulsion/Sebum Controlled Gel Cream (which is said without oil) by a pinch only. Hence, a shine veil protects skin after the cream has been absorbed. Skin neither tight nor dry. I feel good for night use because I am in air-condition room. I was given samples on Chia Seed Sebum Controlled Gel Cream which I used at night but not moisture enough - the texture is transparent gel - lives up to its name as indeed control oil very well. Therefore, is a good use in AM instead of PM. Another sample is Aloe Soothing Gel To be applied after toner before moisturizer. I like this very much as it soothes my redness and top it with hydration moisturizer makes a perfect combo on my skin. So, I went back to the promoter to enquire but she said Aloe is already discontinued (I do not know why she gives samples to me when I cannot purchase at all). So, I told her I want a combo of Aloe + Hydration instead of using 2 products in a regime. Resulted, recommended by her The Smim range. Sun Care Long Lasting SPF45 It can be used as sunblock + base as it evens out my skin tone. I like this product as it is not oily and gives me a nicer skin tone. I never tried without powder.

Makeup - CC Compact Cream Quite a good raving on this but is disappointing to me. Is quite thick consistency for a CC cream as I tried before other CC creams from other brands. It is supposed to be lighter than BB cream as in texture. Correct me if am wrong, as I was told by most of the promoters that my skin is better off with CC than BB as I have larger pores and tends to breakout if not handle well. Skinfood CC cream gives me natural look and I did not feel heavy with it but The Faceshop gives me obvious makeup foundation look although it matches my skin tone. Slightly thicker feeling. Face It 2 Way Cake Radiance Ok, out of so many products I mentioned above, this is the best product I like. I am not sure is because of this powder or because of the skin care that makes my skin matte whole day!!!!! I am not kidding!! Yes, you read it right. My face is matte and fresh whole day. I chose the lightest color as always in other brands, the lightest is recommended to me as I am fair. Without slightest idea that this is my big mistake. Hehehe..Because, it is like a white paste on my face and it does not oxidize as hours passby. Usually, I experience oxidation but not with this powder. Obviously, I look whitish the whole day. On top of that, I tried using CC together with powder - I look totally like a Geisha :) THICK AND WHITE...So, is a big no no to match both. I think the CC will go with loose powder than the cake. Both gives good coverage as they are of thick texture. So, why I like the cake ones so much? Because matte and fresh - silky look :) Maybe will go well if I choose 1 color darker :)

NOTE: INITIALLY, NO BREAKOUTS BUT AFTER MINOR SURGERY, MY SKIN WAS CONGESTED ESPECIALLY ON CHIN. SO, I AM NOT SURE IS BECAUSE OF THE PRODUCTS OR BECAUSE OF MY HORMONES. I CONTINUE WITH THE PRODUCTS AFTER MY SURGERY, I CAN SEE RECOVERING AND MY SKIN DID NOT GET WORSE. SO I PRESUMED NOT RELATED TO PRODUCTS. ONE THING FOR SURE IS REMEMBER TO CLEANSE SKIN WELL. I SUSPECT BECAUSE OF THE THICK TEXTURE OF CC & POWDER CAKE OR MAYBE SUNBLOCK WITH SPF45 CONGEST MY SKIN. I ALWAYS CANNOT USE ABOVE SPF30, ONCE I TRIED SPF50 RESULTED ME CONGESTED TOO.

I would give these ratings at 3.5/5. I do not see any major improvement that makes me go Oh La La. Only the powder wonder :) I have tried so many brands, its' skincare is just like any other brands. I mean typical no major breakthrough to me. I have been using these for 3 weeks.

Opps..I forgot to mention that I also bought Aloe Sheet Masks. A worthy masks to use. I had finished 3 pcs in a week :) Is very soothing and cooling to my skin which I very very much love it. Helps to calm my redness. I had some dry patches on cheeks ( I do not know how those patches come to me, maybe of the weather and I used mild cleanser cum exfoliant (H2O+) daily that resulted my skin too dry), well, after using loads of wash off moisture mask from H2O+ and Aloe sheetmask, my skin improves greatly. Now, no longer have dry itchy patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment