Friday 21 March 2014

Korean Frenzy: Skincare + Makeup Haul 2014 - The Faceshop & Etude House Part 2

Etude House - 3 Mini Jar Moistful moisturizers - Aloe, Collagen, Flower Same goes to your skin type. Can be used AM/PM. I just started this brand 2-3 days ago. I use Aloe in the morning and Collagen at night. I ventured into Collagen is because I see some sagging on both my cheekbones cum under eyes. I always cannot use anti aging because of my skin eventhough my skin is under good condition to try anti aging, yet it always will breakout or will have bumps appearing. Too potent to my skin :) But age is catching up plus lifestyle and weather, I would love to start on anti spot, anti wrinkle and anti aging products to keep me staying intact so I would say :) Aloe is a definite soothing one. Like any other Aloe products. No dry and No Tight. Soothing enough on my skin. Hydration level so-so because I tried without makeup and face slightly shiny after 2-3 hours but not oily. Collagen wise, I woke up with dewy face, abit oilier than The Faceshop Sebum Controlled moisturizer. But skin is hydrating enough overnight under air-condition as my skin is not red comparatively to The Faceshop Sebum Controlled (slight redness appear around corner of my nose areas and abit cheek areas). It is said Moistful Collagen is the most sort after product range. Just overnightly, skin is hydrated and plumped. I will update after weeks of trial later. As for Flower, I have not tried yet. All 3 comes in sealed glass jar, white gel cream consistency. No strong fragrance, mildly scented I would say. I do not remember any smell that lingers on.

Skin Mal:Gem Under this range has 5 products and each has its' own function. The one I bought is toner cum exfoliation cum mask. The promoter said it can be used as mask. Initially, she recommended me the infamous Pore Wonder Frenshner but I was afraid will be too dry on skin. After reviewing review blogs for the past day, I am so tempted to try Pore Wonder Cleanser + Frenshner because all that tried the products are still using and gave very high recommendation. Back to MalGem toner, I do not see any difference apart dry patches heal quite quickly + congested areas at recovering stage quite quickly as well. NOTE: Mist as toner is good as no rubbing contact with sensitive skin like mine, can save on cotton and easily pat the mist after spraying is such a convenience but always is said to wipe toner with cotton enhance clarity to skin as it acts as double cleanse after cleansing and give better moisturizer absorption. I think this is quite true. I realize that after using mist toner as daily staple in my regime for 3 weeks (The Faceshop Chia Seed Mist), impurities kind of building up causing skin dull and rough. After back to using typical wipe off toner method, I feel my skin is clearer and moisturized too. I suppose in a way it helps and performs its' function as stated. Bear in mind that no single product can do wonder on its' own, combination with suitable and good products can improve one's skin. For this case, maybe I diligently back to my usual masks that helps moisturize my skin and keep problems away from me. Too much mud mask or those masks that claim to help pore/sebum is best to keep it for very oily skin. Combo oily skin is advice not to use too frequent. In my case, I suspect I used too many times mud mask ( twice weekly for 2 mths) although I always used Moisture mask after. Since cutting down mud mask, my skin is not drying up. It comes in a plastic bottle with clear water consistency. No strong fragrance, mildly scented. Smell does not lingers on.

Makeup - CC Cream Silky Comparatively to The Faceshop CC Cream, I am better off with Etude House :) Not heavy neither whitish paste. It comes in tube form with white liquid consistency. After blend in with my skin, miraculously matches my skin tone. Outcome, indeed silky as its' name with low coverage but very good at even-ing out my skin tone. Well, I suppose it indeed lives up to its' name Color Correcting. Since, I do not have much to cover up besides some redness, this one is just enough for me to use even without powder on.  Not very sebum controlled compare to The Faceshop Powder Cake, as I need to blot my face once a day. Overall, gives me natural look, silky as in powdery matte. When blot off, skin is back to silky look. SPF30, so is a good one for those in a rush or do not wish to pamper on face for too long. From review blog, I came upon a user complaining of its' in effectiveness plus it gave her breakout - I was told by promoter to use makeup by going downwards to prevent clogging on pores. For me, so far so good. 1 pump is sufficient for a full face and neck. If you need more coverage than layer 2nd layer. But always start off with light layering. Initially, I wanted to check out Face Conditioning Cream. But out of stock and the promoter said CC Cream has the same ingredients as FCC, just that it comes with color correcting/base type. She said FCC is filter those makeup chemicals or so forth, according to her, too much or always on makeup is not good to skin so FCC can filter those. After skincare, apply FCC before you apply make up.

Compact Powder Not thick either comparatively to The Faceshop Face It Powder 2 Way Cake. The promoter recommended me the lightest color as I am fair. But this one fret not, it is not whitish paste :) Suit my skin tone. Thank Goodness! The powder is not thick or heavy. Use on its' own or layer after CC Cream does not give me Geisha look or looks heavy/thick. Instead, just comfortably nice. Sebum control wise, so-so. Same, I need to blot once a day. I suppose too sebum controlled type of make up is not very healthy to problematic skin as our skin cannot breathe well. Leading to tendency of breaking out. So far, with this I am feeling light and good.

Blackhead Remover Dual Sheet This is very very disappointing to use. I did not know it is not stick and pull off. The girl did not know what I meant as they do not sell nose strip. So, when I mentioned, took her awhile to be composed before recommending me this. Step 1, use the sheet to stick over nose and leave for 15mins, remove it and stick Step 2 for 15 mins also before removing. Both use it on dry skin. When I opened Step 1, the sheet is cotton with no film so I do not know how to use, I just put the thing over my nose. Step 2 suppose to be tightening pores. Conclusion, I do not see any remover happening!! A problematic to use since the tip mentioned to use it after using warm water to open up pores. I will ask the girl again on how to use as I have 2 more sheets to go. I will update in my next blog.

Overall ratings...eerrrmmm I would give 4.5/5. I like the Collagen skincare as I mentioned before why I got it in the first place. I am not lying or being way too paranoid on sagging but only after 1 day used, the sagging part is not that visible. Improves I would say. Definitely, firm up my skin. Maybe it can help in long run. Eventhough The Faceshop gives me whitish paste, I still prefer The Faceshop powder. Dislike the remover mask. So, there goes the minus 0.5.

I will get the Pore Wonder and review after I have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment