Tuesday 8 April 2014

Burt's Bees & The Simple Me :)

My skin background :- redness, acne-prone, large pores & combo skin (T-Zone Oily, U-Zone DeHydrate)

Redness has been haunting me since I was born. When small, consider 'ang geh' in hokkien but once I reached puberty, nightmare begun. People will find my redness obvious to be taken as a topic plus I had breakouts everywhere and later in my 20s', I started to have acne-prone skin. Ever since my delivery of my first born son, my skin has changed GREATLY. I still have light redness, no more pimples but if I do use wrong products may cause acne/pimples to form. Sebum secretion is another issue as well. Suitable products will work meaning will decrease my active glands, however, non suitable products will cause my skin to produce more oil which resulted clog pores and eventually breakouts due to inflammation from bacteria causing agents.

Fast forward to Burt's Bees. I just bought 2 sets of skincare each from The FaceShop & Etude House within a short period and usually will buy new products when some of the items are finish. Not in this case. Because there was an offer happening on Burt's Bees Facebook. BB Malaysia was giving out free samples on Eye Cream White Daisy Xela which expired on 7th April 2014 (yesterday). Needless to say, I am a facial junky person so I went to redeem mine and was given 4 pcs. Requirement was I need to purchase a face care product to entitle for the redemption. I checked out reviews blogs on BB, I found that not many blogs are on it. In the end, I was only interested to try its' Sensitive Line. Years ago, I tried its' Blemish line which I did not find it good on me. Next, during my pregnancy I tried it's body lotion and once again not satisfying. Then I realized BB is only famous for its' lip balm/lip care range than skincare and bodycare line. If I was not wrong, I remembered I even bought its' tinted lip balm also years ago but was not satisfied as well. So, yesterday was my 4th time going back to this brand just because I want to redeem its' offer :)

Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream - Why I bought it? Besides, I need it for redemption, is also because it claimed to be very effective on eczema, redness and acne prone skin. These are only part of the list. You can go to its' official website to read more. Only then I realize if one skin easily breakouts is considered one type of sensitive skin. No wonder, people recommend me acne care line always make my skin worse by more dry, dehydrates and make my redness even worse. Then if people recommend me hydrating line, well soothing enough but not helping on pimples and oiliness. After reading this, I realize I may be categorized under Sensitive but in the market there are not much brands that are generating Sensitive Line. I started using this last evening, night and this morning. Yes, I cleanse face 3 times a day - morning, after work and night. I do not give this high hope due to past experience. So, caught me real off guard when I started this. Evening - control sebum very effectively. Not oily, just nice secretion to give me comfortable healthy glow. No Redness. I was amazed as well as shocked to find my skin no redness at all on my first application. I did not know why last evening my skin had hot flush (feels hot), upon application, just soothe and sizzle down the temperature. It contains rice extracts - moisturizing and whiten effects, cotton extracts - sustain moisture and shield skin from potential irritants and Aloe - soothing. Fragrance free and is dermatologist tested. Best of all NATURAL. Many products claim to help on redness but not working on me. No breakouts is already a big step of gratitude to me needless to say no redness at all. Overnight, I woke up with dewy skin and again no redness at all. I think it gives good respond to my sebum secretion epidermis layer, hehehe..as my skin not oily at all just sufficient oil to give me healthy glow in the morning, overnight in air-condition room. MY BIGGEST BREAKTHROUGH - I applied this after my toner this morning then proceed with my left over Eminence SunScreen then pat some powder over it. Until now, I still do not need to blot my face. Not oily and yet not dry at the same time. The beautiful thing is no redness!!!! OMG, I cannot believe is working so beautifully on me.That is why I give my header the simple me as I am not on heavy makeup today. The powder I use is Etude House powder which on my last blogs on it, I stated that it cannot control sebum and will be cakey when face is oily. Now, boost BB Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream even more. My skin now is glowy but not oily, no tight or dehydrate feeling but very comfortable and I still have not seen any redness appearing yet. Simply the best cream ever!! I highly recommend this to sensitive skin people. Come in pump round bottle. White lotion cream consistency. 1 pump for face & neck or half pump for face. After absorb, feel a layer veil over my skin but rest assured not burden or annoying. Although the brand claims to be not expensive, but I personally think is moderate as the size is not big and cost me around RM120.00. If use twice to thrice times a day, may finish up pretty soon.

I was told by the shop assistant that it can be used on AM/PM or I can use Sensitive Night Cream for PM. The night cream can also be used on AM. Is actually depends on our skin. Commonly,Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream is meant for prevention and Night Cream is meant for repairing during our sleep time. The functions are totally 2 different types. Of course, Night cream will be thicker consistency than daily cream and it comes in a tub/jar. I may get its' night cream when I have extra money after paying off my credit card debts first :)

Tinted Lip Balm - Is moisturizing to my crack lips. At the same time give me some color that does not stain my tumbler/cup :) So, I do not need to worry to re-touch up after my meal and also to clean my tumbler for every sip I take. I bought Hibiscus color name. I intend to get a red color lipstick so now I got this and pretty much love it. Is kind of enhance my red lips and yet is only tinted balm which will not give away the pigment color when wipe off. I cannot remember why I had issue with its' lip balm before but let's talk of future than linger on past, right? :)

I bought Lip balm for my son in mango flavour and he loves it too :) Now, he tells me his lips is dry, need lip balm. hehehe. I also bought my son body wash from BB. Have not use yet though.

All products claim to be Natural and best suited for irritated skin very well. On this purchase and trial, I love it!! Thank goodness to my greediness, now I give this brand another shot of chance. Will give another updates review on this after 3 weeks trial. Stay Tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment