Tuesday 1 April 2014

K-Beauty : Concentrated Reviews on Etude House Products - Skincare

Hi to all lovely princesses, thanks for visiting my blogs, in a way it gives me motivation to get new products to try out and blog about it :) Like I promised that I would review more in-depth on EH products after weeks of trial and now I am in my 3rd week using. On EH Buy 1 Free 1 Program days, I went back to RE-STOCK..yes, you read it right, I am restocking on Moistful Collagen Cream, Blackhead Remover Dual Sheets and purchase NEW products as well.

Moistful Collagen Cream I am still using it as PM moisturizer. Loving it as it gives enough moisture and plump up my skin very effectively. I love the next morning hydrating firm skin. Hydrate as in no redness and no overly active sebum - woke up with abit shiny face, oil level not much being produced but it makes skin looks dewy instead. I use around RM0.20 coin size (yes more than the legendary pea size), warm it up in between my fingers and apply from down to upward. Warm my palm and pat face for better absorption. No sticky/greasy after feel. Since the one I am using is mini jar so I went back to get the original size (not jumbo size, is only slightly bigger jar than mini jar size and is in plastic instead of glass) that came with small sample size of Moistful First Essence in plastic bottle. If all proceed well, my next purchase will be in Jumbo :)

Moistful First Essence This is FREE to me due to the program. Is in ORIGINAL FULL SIZE. Comes in glass bottle. I put it in my bathroom, after out from my fresh bath, towel dry, I will then pour 2-3 drops and pat all over my face and neck. Texture wise is transparent serum like as it is abit oily instead of water consistency. Skin instantly hydrates and when fully absorb, skin is smooth and supply. I am back using First Essence (for the past, I used Sulwhasoo First Essence, also the first brand intro this to me which I love it alot as I found when using this step, my skin has less tendency to have problems especially for my dehydrate skin. Sort of telling my skin to produce less sebum as my skin layer is moist enough, hence, less clogging and breakout)

Wonder Pore Freshner Yes Yes, I bought it!! All right, with all that raving, I must agree it is indeed a wonderful toner for problematic skin such as large pores, pimples prone and sebum issue. Comes in blue transparent plastic bottle (small bottle is normal pour out cap, 500ml comes in a unique press pump type, like the one in nail salon is using). I have both! I only use it PM as I prefer to have well cleansed skin before bed. It is drying so need moisturizer after using it. Also a reason why I only use it once. Maybe it is very suitable to use twice for Oily skin but not Combo skin. But it keeps skin fresh and clean feel after wiping with cotton. Water consistency with not much scent. I do not remember of any scent that lingers or can make me choke :) Definite a sebum controlled toner. Skin clearer as impurities are removed and less clogging can happen which makes skin smoother. Smoother also can be meant pores are not expanded by impurities. Large Pores can never be shrunk but by keeping the 'pocket' clean can make the pores visibly smaller and prevent more sagging (getting larger). During AM, I am still using Skin MalGem Smoother which has better moist to keep my skin moisturized during day. It is oily serum type cum liquidity so is also a boost to skin.

Wonder Pore Corrector It is like Laneige Pore Care Essence and Skinfood Egg Pore care T-Zone & U-Zone Gel. All comes to same function. That is keep problem away from pores concern. I do not know what the scientific words use to describe the things build up in the pores that cause clogging and eventually breakout and also cause larger pores. I remember I love Laneige & Skinfood mentioned above products because when I was in use, I had less black/whitehead, skin felt smooth and clean which pimples had no chance of growing :) So, I am back in using it. The difference is the packaging, EH comes in blue tube with steel applicator and the hole is in the middle of the applicator. The only drawback is unhygienic - come out that hole, need to roll on nose areas till absorb. I always keep my Wonder Pore Freshner after used cotton to wipe the applicator before storing. Same texture as above. White gel like consistency. Along with applicator, during application is cooling, pores are visibly tighter. After all absorb, skin is smooth. Before using this, for the past months, I have some pimples popping around my nose area, eventhough not severe but frequent compare to younger days. After using, now my nose areas are clean and clear.

Wonder Pore Clay Mask I did not buy yet as I still have H2O+ Mud mask. It was give to me as samples. I love love it soooooooo much. It is such an honest result as it claims to be. Thumbs Up! Gentle and yet very effective. H2O+ mud mask gives tingling and watery eyes, although both gives same outcome. EH Clay mask gives no tingling or water eyes, just feel comfortable and VOILA! pimples immediately shrunk and bye bye the next day. Skin is definitely clean and fresh but NOT TIGHT as in H2O+. The texture is rubbery white greyish paste, easily spread and easily remove. When dry up, skin is not tight just comfy like wash off mask whereby H2O+ Mud mask makes skin very tight feel when dries up. EH does not harden when dry but H2O+ harden when dry. Conclusion, Wonder Pore Clay Mask is a must have to prevent pimples and impurities clogging pores.

Moistful White Emulsion I ventured into this as I want to try on brightening product. I never use whitening or brightening products in my entire life as I find it very strong on skin as in bleaching type. My mom has been using Kose Whitening range for almost 20 years and the outcome is actually thinning our skin to appear brighter and whiten skin so was told my dermatologist. Therefore, she now suffers severe eczema. She has since recovered but she can no longer use skincare products. Only sticking to allergy medic and Doc face wash & cream. When her skin recovered, she tried a few brands but all ended up causing eczema. Lesson learnt here is when skin runs out of protection veil, no matter what you apply, it will not work. But because I have some pimples scar on my chin, that makes an excuse for me to try. Blek! In my previous post I mentioned I had minor ops and soon after my chin breakouts. But already recover just the scar takes time. I will not re-purchase this though. Is not because it is not good. It has strong fragrance which I detest. I have sinus and allergy nose. Comes in white glass bottle. Texture typical white solution emulsion. Outcome is quite good in terms of brighten up my skin and it is indeed moistful. AM/PM is applicable. But I always layer either Aloe/Collagen cream after it for extra moisture/hydration. To me, old age is catching up, my skin tends to be on drier end although my sebum/acne prone is quite a nuisance at times, so I give it a shot to apply dual moisturizer and the outcome is no breakout. Thank God :) Of course I use pea size cream instead of coin size. I do not use it daily though. My personal though is by using scrub, clay mask and loads of sheet masks, can also help to speed up scar recovery hence, another reason not to re-purchase. I see improvement on scar healing despite me not using it daily.

Blackhead Removal Dual Sheet AAaahh...why I re-purchase it while my last blog I was so disappointed with it? hehehe...Like I said I went back to the girl to enquire on how to use. I was told to put Step 1 the moist cotton nose shape sheet on dry clean nose for 15mins, remove then use cotton bud to roll off the impurities that comes off then use Step 2 remove the plastic cover then use the sticky side on nose for tightening purpose. This is not the same as typical stick and pull off type. Not many will like it though. Is a nuisance to use this but very effective and non aggression to skin comparatively to stick and pull which pull out our facial hair. I need to squeeze out after Step 1 but trust me the impurities are easily coming out, hence, gentle on skin. Indeed VERY CLEAN. Everything just comes off!! Effective than stick & pull as sometimes not all can be pulled out. Nose instantly soft and smooth due to unclogging. After Step 2, pores are tighten up. Tighten effect is immediate on first use. So, make me re-purchased it. Lasting effect as been days after using, my nose areas is still soft and smooth. Before using EH, my skin is abit rough and triggers me to buy nose strips. But now, I only use this when necessary as until now my nose still smooth. No more rough. With combination of above products into my regime, I can say it works very well on me. Another bonus is no itchy tingling skin like pull off strip does.

Aloe & Pearl White Sheet Masks I simply love these 2 sheets...they have A-Z sheet masks and I tried these 2 so far. Buy 2 Free 1 - so I stock up 3pcs each. I am going to try Lemon sheet mask and others next time. Unlike typical sheet mask, this comes with 1 side smooth and soft to adhere on skin and another side abit rough. I use it after clay mask. So, I do not know is it because dry so my skin drinks up every bit of the essence or because its' formula is very fine molecule for skin to absorb well. At the end of 15mins, the sheet is dry and patting and massaging the remains on my skin also absorb pretty well fast. No waste at all! Usually sheet mask in my past experience, sheet is always moist when remove and my skin cannot absorb all that remains. Which makes me love EH sheet mask now. Definite re-stocking! Aloe is indeed soothing and Pearl White really brighten up my skin. Both has cooling feeling which added bonus for relaxation at night :)

Pomegranate Massage Scrub It has other fruits name but I tried this. The girl said since I am looking for lightening scar. I do not see any effect. So far, I used once and it comes in 2 sachets. Scrub beads are not much, the beads are very fine and comes with white lotion cream type. Non aggression to skin especially sensitive skin. Compare to typical scrub that comes with more beads or chunky beads, this is the gentle type. But skin is smoother though. Like I said, maybe of the combination above that makes my skin now clearer and less problems and much healthier from my post-ops. It does not dry up skin as well after use. My pas experience with typical scrub will make my skin dry and red but not with this.

Conclusion: Very satisfying experience with Etude House products as all comes in lovely packaging :) Very sweet and feminine. I just love to add those items on my girly dresser. Plus, is effective on me so I am giving it 5/5 for skincare. So far, no breakout. In fact heal me from my post-op skin. Although not overnight, I believe continuous use will make me on the right track to healthier glowing skin. After Skinfood, Etude House is another thumbs up products for me. Price wise, hhmmm...not very cheap neither expensive. Due to come in small packaging, makes it expensive. Eg. Moistful Collagen Cream, a small tub cost me RM101.90. With the rate and amount I am using, will not last me more than 2 months. Most probably on the 2nd month I will need to re-stock. Moderate pricing I would say. Sulwhasoo & Laneige are higher range but their products are much more lasting. Packaging wise, EH is the best! Another added bonus is it always have sales and programs that make us on saving side. Eg, coincidentally with my purchases, first on 30% discount on all products when buy above 3 items and second time was Buy 1 Free 1.


1 comment:

  1. The products you mention here are the best one but recently, I use skincare bio oil. It makes my skine smother and softer. Skincare bio oil in pakistan can easily buy from online shopping store.

    ReplyDelete