Tuesday 1 April 2014

K-Beauty : Concentrated Reviews on Etude House Products - Makeup

Let's move on to EH Makeup.

Face Conditioning Cream Yay!! I finally landed my hand on this. They re-stock, so I quickly grabbed it up before it runs out again. With the raving, yup!! The best cream ever. Amazing I would say. I tried 2 ways. 1st - apply after toner then proceed with CC Silky Cream then pat some powder over. 2nd - apply after moisturizer then CC Silky Cream and lastly powder. Both give me good makeup adherence which means lasting. Skin tone definitely even out and skin is moist and plumped. Even when after removing at the end of the day, my skin is comfortably supple. As stated, it is skincare cum primer. Comes in tube. White cream but very easily spread over face. No cakey instead after a few seconds of application, skin transforms to healthy and supple. Can use on its' own or layer your makeup over. Definitely moisturizing to skin so one does not need to worry if use without moisturizer. Both my attempts ended pretty much the same. I do not feel dehydrate. A very good primer, makes makeup alot more prettier :) Without using this, CC Silky + Powder, in my last blog I did mention not very satisfying compare to The Faceshop Powder. After using the infamous face cream, EH CC Silky + Powder have become amazing result. Appearance smooth and supple and healthy and the best part is looks natural as with my neck tone. Not heavy but comfortably and at times I am totally forgot I actually put make up on :) Blek! Oh ya, with this FCC, makeup amount greatly reduced. Previously, I use 1 pump CC and a few times of powder pat. When in use with this, Half pump is already sufficient and 2 times of powder pat for full face. It is SPF 30 and promise of several goodness of skincare and one of them is Anti-wrinkle. Ratings: 5/5 (Star Product)

CC Silky Cream Comes in tube but the cap is pump type instead of squeeze out. White liquid consistency with greyish sparkle dots. After blend will match our skin tone. Silky is meant for oily skin because after sebum secretion will make it looks dewy and radiant. CC Bright is meant for dry skin as it will brighten up dull skin. If use on its' own, I may not re-purchase as it is not exceptionally good. I can always seek other brands. Before I got FCC, I actually put this away from my stash. But now, I am using it quite regularly. With FCC, can go without powder but because I do not like stickiness (do not get me wrong, it is not sticky as in liquid foundation or what, just I prefer matte powdery finishing) so I always layer a thin layer of powder as finishing. With FCC, the adherence is superb and skin tone is amazingly even out, making my skin looks so much healthily brighten. Importantly, natural finishing. Light makeup with small coverage but does a good job on even out skin tone though. SPF 30. Ratings : 3.5/5 (only because it needs FCC to boost the performance)

Foundation Powder It stands out than The Faceshop Powder in terms of matching skin tone with me. Remember in my previous blog, I mentioned that The Faceshop lightest color makes me whitish but with EH powder in lightest tone is superbly match mine. Can pass as natural finish and is comfortably light. Where as in The Faceshop Powder, it always gives me ticklish nostrils and sneezing as I am a sinus person. So I presumed, EH powder particles are much more fine than The Faceshop and also not thick as in The Faceshop too. Without FCC, after sebum secretion will make it looks cakey abit even when use it over CC cream. That is why I minus some points on its' CC + Powder. The only thing I like is match my skin tone very well and light feeling. I do not feel like I actually putting powder makeup on face. Added bonus. I do like to use it as finishing powder though. I have not tried using it alone or alone after FCC. If I do try, I will update my blog. I do not remember whether its' powder comes in SPF. Maybe not. But it definitely comes in a lovely pink plastic pact. Ratings: 5/5

All above has no choking fragrance. No scent I would say, if there is, is only lightly which does not linger. The products are light on skin which I do not feel heavy or burden my skin and yet effective because I quite like the outcome which makes me look natural with minimal makeup. It is so lightly that can pass that I have natural good skin especially the Face Conditioning Cream. It is indeed does the whole wonder thing on my skin. Covers up pores quite well meaning visibly shrunk/tighten. Whoever long for healthy natural skin, FCC is the product you need to add into your regime. As makeup junky, FCC also a must have as it gives good adherence that leaves skin look smooth. The products above claim to control sebum but to me is only so-so. I still need to blot my face once a day. Still can see shiny oil secretion when noon comes. That is why I blot it. hehehe...On cooler days like rainy, sebum is quite obedient. On the other hand, on hot sunny days, sebum is naughty :)

Conclusion: Re-purchasing will depend greatly on FCC. If I re-purchase FCC then I will very likely re-purchase CC + Powder. As I do not like to mix and match different brands. I have yet to try powder itself on FCC, if it works well too, I will highly drop off CC cream. FCC is definitely on my re-purchase list as on a rush days, I can only use this and save on moisturizer and sunblock. Powder is in my re-purchase list as well because EH powder tone matches mine perfectly and is of fine powder. All in all, after blot, appearance is back to powdery matte finishing. No doubt, FCC can make me looks much more dewy and radiant. Usually if I have to blot, it is evening hours not noon.

Precious Mineral Any Cushion With this, I can omit all above steps. LOLX...I am serious. Although FCC is the rave but depends on what kind of outcome one chooses. For my very personal experience, Any Cushion is thicker than above applications even though 3 layers of products. But Any Cushion saves ALOT ALOT of time. A superb item for rush working women. I cannot use Laneige BB Cushion. I tried twice, both gave me breakout and clogged pores after single use!! So, it gives me some time to gather some courage to try this Any Cushion. Laneige has strong scent but not EH. This is not as thick as Laneige BB Cushion. It has SPF50. In my previous blogs I mentioned sunblock above 30 always gives my skin breakout or un-breathable but Any Cushion does not break me out after a few days trial. Upon application is cooling and gives medium-high coverage. I do not have issue on coverage as I am quite pleased with my skin in recent years ( I have to note here because in my younger days I have very bad skin than now, some readers may find my reviews not matching as to why sometimes I am good sometimes I am of bad skin. If confusing occurs, please kindly review my older blogs) Conclusion: I only apply single layer and is more than enough. Smooth and radiant and definite dewy. Sebum wise is also so-so, need to blot once a day. The one I got is new packing than the old one - used to be pink but now the casing is in pearly white. Cost me RM>100, maybe RM101.90 and I do not know how long can it last but I suspect with frequent use may not last long as well. Kind of expesive. It is cheaper if you look at another angle where you save on sunblock, primer/base, and foundation. And yes, it matches my skin tone very well and makes my feature sharper too!! Will re-purchase. Ratings: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment