Monday 10 June 2013

On the Passage to SULWHASOO :)

Every month I will be blogging on skincare and amazingly on different types of brands :) I am not sure how fair can my review be as I do not only use a single brand for more than 2 or 3 months. As I cleanses my face 3 times a day, so usually I split or finish up my purchase by choosing the best or the one I like most for day and night usage. The least favourite will be my evening use. Hence, this will be my final conclusion on Kanebo, Kiehl's, Biotherm & O'slee. After these, I will be moving forward to another luxury brand called SULWHASOO of Korea. I cannot wait it to reach my shore so that I can purchase and try the products out!!!!! The reviews of this brand is superb.

KANEBO

I still have some left over which I am using it during evening until eventually finish. Only good ones will I finish it. This brand works well on my pimple prone skin, large pores and dehydration skin. If you do follow my blogs, you know I meant Impress line. It really hydrates my skin but not longer enough as I am always in air conditioned room - sleep & working. I do not have breakouts when using this brand but only a few as in during menses. Large pores indeed seem smaller. Skin is supple. But one thing I do not like is after layering the skincare, somehow my skin tends to be oily. Even during layering, I can feel the products are still somehow sticky abit on the surface of my facial. On the other hand, I really do love Blanchir Clear Condition. I practically use up this on mask daily basis. So much soothing and helps my redness. This is my star product for Kanebo. As I am easily tempted, so I decided to try Sulwhasoo. Overall ratings for Kanebo is 4/5.

KIEHL'S

I have no negative reviews on Kiehl's. I simply just love its' Calendular toner, Red Earth Pore minimizing moisturizer, Midnight Recovery for eyes and oil. These just work wonder on my skin, especially Calendular toner. It really suppress my redness well, last longer and the pore minimizing moisturizer really control oils well and my pores look much more refine. Likewise, I do not experience breakouts only during menses. The clay mask also quite good as really removes impurities. Ultra Cleanser indeed mild but cleanses well. The drawback maybe is only for the Sunblock as is oily after application and after awhile later. I had since finished the toner and on the way finishing off the moisturizer and cleanser as well. Overall ratings for Kiehl's is 4.5/5.

BIOTHERM

This is my startup skincare after I was brokedown with blotchy redness skin after using MaryKay products. It worked so well on me but over time, my old problem kicks in. Redness, pimples on jawline/chin area (lymph-nodes) and enlarge pores came back. I did not manage to finish my 2nd round purchase of moisturizer, toner and serum. I only use it on off basis till it finishes. Most probably will use more frequently when I finish my Kanebo & Kiehl's. I am using its purefect range supposes to help on pimple skin but the drawback is dryness. Skin not hydrate enough and it does not help on my pores. If I use something abit rich for my hydration well, it turns out oily. Pro-long, pimples will pop 1 or 2. However, I quite satisfied with its facial service. As at now, I am still doing its facial on a monthly basis. Overall ratings for Biotherm is 3/5. 2 points being deducted out due to it cannot control my problem. No doubt, it helped on my blotchy skin and transformed to a flawless skin but alas, it did not last, hence, my old problems appear and yet it no longer works wonder or at least control.

O'SLEE

Hhhhmm....before this brand, I did try another drugstore brand called Nutox. Quite dissappointed with it and once again goes to this drugstore brand. I did review it is quite good for a drugstore brand, but besides skin much more whitens but it does not last. Only when using mask, skin is better but not on skincare on a daily basis. This still cannot give enough hydration to my skin. Not lasting at least. As for Nutox, seemed quite good at first but eventually caused pimples spots on my left cheek until now. As for O'slee, caused me some bumps and also some pimples popping. Not drastic but flaws. Eventually I lost interest in continuing. Not enough hydration means will cause oiliness. Initial use is ok and also seems good but after few weeks, result not that satisfying so I had stopped using completely. I will not use this anymore just like Nutox, will go down the bin. Poor me, wasted my money. I swore to myself, I will not use drugstore brand anymore :). Overall ratings for O'slee is 2/5. Besides not working so well, another point deducted due to I find this brand malaysia management not so honest. I bought online from its malaysian website and I was given sheetmasks and eye masks for free as gifts. Guess what I found? They trimmed away the expiry date part. So, the packaging is shorter than the original ones I bought. Then with more indepth checking, I found no expiry date section and that part already cut off. Therefore, another con for me to continue to use. I doubt the originality of the products. Not to say use it on my face!!

Sulwhasoo will be opening a counter in Parkson Gurney Plaza officially on 20th June 2013. I am an elite member of Parkson so I am cordially invited to Sulwhasoo Preview Event on this Sunday. I am so excited! :) I will be given a free gift set of 4 - First Activating Serum, Balancing Water, Balancing Emulsion and Ginseng Concentrated cream. I am using this set now - No, not given to me yet, I will only have the free set this Sunday - well, why I said I am using now??!! hehehe...With my inpatient attitude, I can't wait for a month. I found out about this brand back in May. So, I bought online from Qoo10 website. Took 2 weeks to arrive from Korea. So, I controlled myself not to review anything about Sulwhasoo as usually I am so tempted to do so after only 1 or 2 days applications. It's been a week into using Sulwhasoo now for day and night, so far I have no breakouts!!!! Amazing...my red spots on my cheek is greatly reduce. Skin is glowing but not oily. Last me whole day. Hydration level is good as I have less tendency to redness. My skin is just glowing with smooth suppleness. I just cannot stop looking myself at the mirror. LOL!! hehehe..i just envied the Korean moms in my son's school. They do not wear makeup but they have fair glowing skin. So, when I look abit like their skin after using Sulwhasoo, I just can't resist looking at myself from a mirror. hehehe...I can't wait to be consulted and shop for the brand!!! I usually have uneven skincolor for face and neck. Somehow, now seems more matching. I only can say I feel superb and the result definitely differ from above mentioned brands when I started using. If you follow my blogs, you will get what I mean. :) Keeping my fingers crossed!:) with my past experience, it may work now but not months later. So, I am not sure how fair this brand will be to me :) anyhow, I will blog about it more indepth after using. 

1 comment: