Wednesday 27 March 2013

Olden Days Tradition Still Lives In This Era - Part 1

Oh yes! It is happening in my family. To be exact, I am the victim of that so called tradition of Mother favouring son more than daughter. I am a daughter - that is why a victim :) Let me share into some of the cases that I am enduring till as at today - I am 31 yrs old now - which means I have been suffering for the past 3 decades.

I was told by my mom that she did not intend to have me. To her children was a nightmare and 1 child was more than enough for her. However, my dad wanted more children. First is a boy, second is also a boy. My dad wanted a girl but my mom did not want more children but obliged in the end. After seeking to have a girl from God, my parents were blessed with a girl finally - ME! :)

As far as I remember, from the age that I can understand and remember things - I do not have pleasant memories or fond memories with my mom. We have constant arguments. I still remember when I was much younger, when I learnt how to spell 'parents' - I wrote ' I hate parent' on my parents' bedroom wall. Blek! Without further ado, allow me to share the favoritism:-

(1) Both my brothers studied high school in Singapore, later eldest to Australia and 2nd to USA. Only me by my parents sides. Therefore, whenever my bros were coming back for holidays, a month before they arrived, my mom would always be hostile to me for no apparent reason. Always would have fault occur resulting us in a shouting match. I always loathed her doing that to me. Needless to say, when both my bros were finally arrived, I was totally neglected and ignored plus her angry face expression always shone on upon me. She would always be cheery and served them like they were kings. Is understandable that they were not by her sides throughout the years except term breaks. She can treat them well when they are around but do not need the hostility on me. I was told from young not to order drinks/juices in dining area because costly, but when they around they can. How funny, in terms of education, they spent more than me and yet I was deny juices. Not that I am small gas, blek, juice is not a big deal but the treatment is.


No comments:

Post a Comment