Wednesday 14 May 2014

SHISEIDO: IBUKI LINE

I did not continue my Burt's Bees's Sensitive moisturizer after only a day or two used. Is not because of it is not good, it is because I indulged myself with Shiseido's newest range called Ibuki which replaces The Skincare Line. I bought its' Mother's Day set. Came with full size Night moisturizer - Refining Moisturizer and Softening Concentrate followed with travel size of Purifying Cleanser (comes with fine beads), The Skincare Purifying Mask, Softening Concentrate, Day Moisturizer - Protective Moisturizer SPF15 x 2 bottles, White Lucent Base and a jar of body cream. I have been using Shiseido on and off basis since I was in my teens and now I am in my early 30s'. In my early years I was pimply so I used its' Pureness range. I changed after years of using and came back to its' The Skincare Line when I was in my 20s'. Once again I was off the grid for the past 1 year doing my personal beauty blogging by using my own money to try out various skincare products which I had blogged about. Let's move on :- Before I started my Ibuki, I had red/pimple spots forming around my cheeks. Other than that, my skin is all right.

Purifying Cleanser

Mild daily scrub cum cleanser. Can be used day & night. The beads are very fine and not much till can over scrub my skin. Cleanses pore and skin very well. No after wash tight feeling. Skin is squeaky smooth and yet hydrated not drying off my skin at all. Well suited for those with large pores and oily/combo skin like mine. Texture is creamy champagne white, mildly scented, easily foam up. Another cleanser is Gentle Cleanser - is only foam wash without beads. For normal and dry skin type and also for day & night use.

Softening Concentrate

For Japanese skincare, there is no toner unlike western brands. Step 2 is always the Prep Step. Meaning prepare skin for better absorption after wash. Skin will improve from the stated function that Serum/Essence & Moisturizer claimed to promise. In Japanese often will name it as Softener or Lotion. They do have toner which is called Astringent - to be applied after moisturizer. Function is to tighten up pores/seal all the goodness in the skin. But Ibuki has no Astringent. Ibuki Softening Concentrate - use with cotton pad. Pump 2 pumps, spread all over face & neck. Is refreshing with lightly scented that does not linger. Texture is transparent liquidy serum like. Comes in a plastic opaque bottle of 75ML (>RM100 - <RM170) with pump head and a cover (is hygienic to have a cover to cover the opening as some brands leave the pump open) Easily absorb. Method on application can be viewed at YouTube Shiseido 1-2-3 Steps.

Protective Moisturizer with SPF15

Is day moisturizer. Texture is lotion white, mildly scented and end result is shining/brightening. I always use this with cotton pad. Pump 2 pumps and spread across my face & neck. Method can view at YouTube as mentioned above. Alternative way is to use by hand. I was advised to use with cotton as I have delicate skin with weak protective barrier. Skin type of redness, acne-prone be advised to use with cotton. Normal & dry skin type, use hand will do. Packaging is the same as Softening Concentrate mentioned above so as the pricing range.

Refining Moisturizer

Is night moisturizer. Texture is lotion white (slightly creamier than day moisturizer), mildly scented and end result has no shining/brightening effect. Application is the same as day moisturizer. Method can view at YouTube with the clip name as mentioned above. Suitable for Acne Prone but dehydrate, large pores and combo/oily skin. Another night moisturizer called Refining Moisturizer Enriched (comes in a jar) is for dry skin type. Back to Refining Moisturizer - Packaging and pricing range are the same as Softening Concentrate & Protective Moisturizer.

Result is indeed less rubbing contact with my fingers pressure, therefore, my skin has no redness and is alot healthier which leave no sticky or greasy layer over my face. My skin has the tendency of not absorbing fast. So, by using cotton will allow my skin to drink up whatever it can absorb by not overdose and the remaining will be on cotton and be used around my neck. Yes, by using fingers can also spread the remaining on decollete area but the difference is Cotton - gentle 1 stroke followed by rubbing hand and pat for better absorption will do the wonder; Hand - need to keep rubbing and pressing till fully absorb can mean that I directly active my circulation hence leading to redness and losing collagen resulting to sagging. After a month of using this Lotion with cotton, my skin is tighten and firm unlike previous skin is sagging and lose elasticity. Proof : This time around when I squeezed my nose impurities, I feel my skin is hardened/tight which make the squeezing easy just by pressing 2 sides. In the past, skin soft as in lack of elasticity causing me difficulties to squeeze out the impurities. I had to squeeze 360 deg and so forth causing redness/damage of capillaries and slow degrading of collagen.

This range is for hydration purpose and I GUARANTTEE you that IT INDEED LIVES UP TO WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DELIVER. I used before its The Skincare Line, is also hydration purpose but it is oilier and rich abit than Ibuki. Ibuki delivers high hydration level and yet is light and refreshing. Very well suited for those dehydrate skin and yet cannot receive heavy formula at the same time like mine. When I used The Skincare Line, I did breakout after awhile but not major and skin was oily when noon came. Skin still redness after I left my home. But with Ibuki, is another experience altogether. Is refreshingly light and matte. Hydration is at the peak as my red spots disappear and abit glowy when noon comes instead of a wok of oil type :) I do not feel tight or tingling feeling instead I feel normal and comfy. My environment is still the same - air condition most of the time. Cannot under sun/heat otherwise my face will turn red but now skin is much more stable. It simply perks up my skin.

The SkinCare Purifying Mask

Is a must have to all. Whenever I am about to pop a pimple, I use this mask. Texture is light brownish paste with beads. It dries up fast. Leave on for 5 mins on a cleanse dry face, avoid eye area. Wash off then pat dry before using moisturize mask (either sheet mask or wash off mask). Proceed with usual skincare regimen. This mask is my savor. I remembered clearly that I had 1 pimple on my chin. I used this and immediately dried up and disappear after a few days. So, I have been using this mask twice weekly. All lovelies, rest assured, this mask is worth every penny because I have been using this whenever I use Shiseido range and this mask has been with the brand for decades already and I am the living proof. It comes in a tube. Purpose of this mask is to clear impurities, control oil secretion and helps heal pimples. Suitable for all skin type. Is a mild and yet effective mask. At least, it works on mine.

Perfect UV Protector 50ml / SPF50+ PA++++

All eyes and ears on me please, dearies princesses PLEASE GET YOUR HAND ON THIS PRODUCT!!! MY BIGGEST AND BEST BREAKTHROUGH PRODUCT I ever lay hand on. Was persuaded by the Beauty Advisor to get this because I went to the counter with the intention of getting its' White Lucent range but was told to better stick to hydration line as my skin is not stable with acne prone history. To counter my redness & brown spot, she said sunblock is the key to it (in fact, all BA says that and always their sunblock fails me). Well for Shiseido, I give it a try. And Whoa! Amazed me enough to finish 1 bottle in a month !!Hahaha...I rarely finish sunblock. The only sunblock I finished and repurchased was Biotherm. I blogged before of Eminence Tropical Vanilla Sunscreen - also a thumbs up. But I did not finish, I still have it in my dresser. But this Shiseido UV Protector is BY FAR THE BEST IN THE MARKET and better than Biotherm & Eminence. It comes in plastic bottle, need to shake before every use. Ideally for all face skin type AND ARMS AND LEGS. Isn't it marvellous??!! How can I not finish that fast?...Yes, I use this daily on face, decollete and arms only. And once again, Yes I did mention my skin cannot take SPF50 but for this it works fine. After a month of using, I can assure you that skin is superb and no breakout. Best of it is, it is not oily. Really protect my skin 360 deg as it claims to deliver. No redness and matte the whole day. Can say byebye to sunburn. Price RM130.00. Texture is liquid white with a faint pinkish/beige color. Easily absorb. No regrets!! I have since stop using foundation or base after I started this sunblock. My purpose of using foundation or base is to lighten up my redness but now I do not need so.

Conclusion: Now my beauty regime consisting of above. I am utmost happy and very satisfied with the result and the products. Simple regime - Cleanse, Softener, Moisturizer - Sunblock. I give 5/5 for these products. What boosted this? When I started also coincidentally my son had diarrhea and vomiting for a week, followed by another week of KOSAKI which resulted me sleepless nights for 2 whole weeks and on the 3rd week, I was down with sickness myself so a total of 3 improper rest weeks. But surprisingly, my skin has no sign of fatigue or pimples popping up. Everything is at bay, control very well. For the Korean products I blogged about were either I tried a week or so but soon after things cropped up. At least this one I have been using for more than a month now and still using. After a period of cycle, I think this line is BEST.

Product Duration: - Ibuki Softener will use up by a month, Moisturizer 2 months because each uses once a day, Sunblock by a month if includes arms and about 2 months for face & decollete, mask depends on your frequency about 2-3 months and finally cleanser monthly if uses twice a day but so far I am using once a day (night) so can last 2 months. I left out Ibuki Eye Correcting Cream - There you go the whole range of Ibuki. I did not get the eye cream so I cannot comment about it. Will do when I lay my hand on it :)

Side Personal Opinion: Shiseido is a good and reliable brand back in Japan and all over the globe. It has good reputation and sales market. My hubby works in a Japanese company which also produce skincare in one of its' business lines (my hubby is not under skincare line but he can purchase for me), their skincare is only for sale in Japan. So, when my hubby goes over for meetings, he was told that in Skincare market, Shiseido outdo all brands. It has been around us for more than a century and still the reputation is at the peak. So, my hubby told me to use back Shiseido brand which I am doing so now after my a year long of trying various brands for my beauty blogging hobby. Additionally, my hubby is using Shiseido Men cleanser for sometimes too. He claims to control facial oil very well and he has no outbreak problems. In the past, I passed on my unwanted cleanser to him to finish off , often he ended up with breakout and oily face when noon came. Without using anything to counter the problems, he just uses Shiseido Cleanser and gradually and fast too he reclaims his original good skin. Since then, he sticks to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment