Sunday 13 November 2011

My Courting Days

Well well well, love blossom on March 2001. My destiny with my hubby starts from then :) Met my hubby from an outing. I don't have many male friends and one that comes along, I just grab it. Hahaha..!! Quite interesting to find out all about love, dating but our union does not come by easily. As starter, my parents were very very against it. For dad, reason was I was still studying college at that time. For mom, afraid I got pregnant before completing studies & before married plus my hubby does not come from rich family background and the time i met him, he was an engineer.

So, you can imagine how hard we were at that time when we wanted to go out together or talked over phone :) Out of all those obstacles and hatred my parents built up on him during those times, 1 thing I admired my hubby was he insisted to meet my parents up when he found out how unhappy the folks were. My hubby said he needed to see them so that they wouldn't feel insecure for thier daughter to go out with him. However, the met up session of course didn't work out well. He was given the cold shoulder and angry facets and words BUT he didn't break off with me for that.

I'm truely thankful and grateful for staying on with him as it turns out it is my right choice. Luckily, I didn't bow to my parents wants and needs and stood firm to be with him -- my dearest hubby :) I'm always the follower without standing firm for my thoughts. The only greatest achievement i have in my part of my journey of life is standing firm to continue my relationship with my hubby to proof my folks wrong of him. Obviously, after some time, my folks gave thier blessing for our courtship. Even so, it came with rules and regulations and curfews. Hahaha..and still we stayed on..:)

The blissful parts of our courtship were times we spent together doing things together -- movies, dinings, errands, and I was in cloud 9 when he lavished me most of the time especially on occassions. On contrary, we did have our down time. We argued alot after sometimes together --people usually say "honeymoon years" are over..hehe..We parted briefly on end quarter of 2005.

Early 2006, we got back as an item. We talked of marriage and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment