Monday 15 April 2013

Cedric's Recent Achievements :) - age 3

My dear boy is getting more and more cute and understanding from the knowledge he learns from school. The best thing a school exists is to educate the next generation well :) Thank you to the teachers and schools for allowing working moms to place their children there while working, at the same time, our children is being educated during the hours we spend earning income :)

Move on, yesterday was feeding my son dinner (he can eat by himself but I choose to feed as it is cleaner and makesure he finishes his meal while it is warm), he kept spitting most of the time. I would not be mad if he spat inside the bowl, however, he spat onto the floor twice. I was starting to burn inside me as he tried to clean the mess up with his paper aeroplane and kept stepping on the oily part unintentionally. The last straw came when he spat for the last time messily, I slapped on his cheek. Of course, he cried but only 1-2 sounds and stopped (I had trained him not to cry anymore by leaving him alone and i walked away. When he stopped crying only then I would attend to him - Hence, he seldom cry when he is with me, even so, only 1-2 sounds then stop) Initially, I had promised him to bring him to Gurney Plaza Mall but upon seeing his favourite Mickey Mouse channel, I changed my decision for him to watch and dinner first, before heading to the mall. So, I thought all the spatting were due to my dishonest promised to him. So, I told him after dinner we would go to the mall but still the same and worst ignored me entirely....

After I cleaned up all the mess, I brought him up to his room. Asked him why he kept spitting just now. I asked him to tell me so that I know what was wrong. He told me he did not want rice. Then I said what do you want then? Noodle? (his favourite is noodle so he lighted up when I mentioned it :)) Porridge? And he replied me he did not want rice, he wanted porridge..:(:(..aawww...I told him I did not intend or want to beat him. But he must tell me what is wrong so that I know and correct it. I asked him whether was it painful, he noded. I kept apologizing to him and told him will cook him porridge tomorrow. I told him it was wrong to simply spit food out messily..even he needs to spit, please do it inside the bowl.

Out of the sudden, he pat me on my arm and made sure we were eye contact with each other before he blurted out very sincerely - "Mummy, sorry"...aaawww....how am i not melt???!! My heart sank immediately and tears dwelled up inside my eyes..Felt so guilty for beating him..We ended up hugging each other and I gave him a sayang kiss and repeated I did not want to beat you but your action was wrong.

Apart from that, he actually quite a good boy and easy to be taken care of. Simply telling him and he will understand and listen to me. Will not manja with me as I am not the type of mom who will over protect my son. Discipline is my key in educating kids eventhough I need to repeat many times and correct him many times..:) I do not tolerate crying so he knows well which he does not do but will do it and manja in front of his grandpa :)

Once he was playing water in the bathroom after I bathe him. I told him I want to bathe and asked him to finish up the bucket of water fast and leave. He is so obedient to the level of after awhile of playing, he chanted "mummy pom pom (means bathe)" several times while fixing his lego pieces then poured out the water in the bucket before putting the bucket back to where it is and went to his room...See, he is such an understanding and obedient boy!!! How can I not be proud of him?? He is my lil angel..my gem..nothing can compare or beat him..He is practically my everything!!

I hope he will grow up each year to be more and more obedient & healthy mummy's boy! :)

He even offered me his last grape...:):)..such adorable boy!! :) He can be selfish at times but after a few coaxing to share his things, he actually will do. I am indeed very very blessed to have him :)


No comments:

Post a Comment