Monday 8 April 2013

My Personal Review of Skincare - Part 5

Hi Hi..hehe..I know I am a frequent skincare freak or maniac...as every few days, I will change or try new products..I know I know, is not good for my skin too..but I just love using new products and experience new things..maybe I have thin skin whereby, will have fast reaction to the products I use and very fast will stop progressing with the same products I am using. So, there I go again, skincare hunting :)

I have been using rice cooling powder and hazeline cream for sometimes now, is good on my skin in terms of pimples, redness and oiliness control at bay. However, the downside is over times my skin is dry. Pro-long, the dryness is getting uncomfortable. Since, cheapo drugstore products work well for me so I tried Nutox Oxyfusion - astringent, serum, emulsion and night cream. Hoping will give me hydration and avoid oiliness cum breakouts. Yes yes, I know I still have my left over Biotherm skincare..hahaha..well, I just cannot help it on spending on new products and try them out :) Application wise, is very good as it absorbs very quickly and do not leave greasiness. Can see the hydration works but after only a few days not even a week, tiny pimples popping out. There you go again, the whole range wasted down to the rubbish bin or giveaway bag. I know, some people will say I shall continue as sometimes new products will have some reaction and if I continue, will recover and proceed to enhancement. But I am not the type of person who enjoy risk :) as I am blessed with un-pleasureable facial skin for decades. What I want is enhancement.

Next - I hop on to Kiehl's products. I used Kiehl's products before, Ultra Facial Oil-Free range. That time I had acne, redness, oiliness and enlarge pores. Real bad skin. So, when I visited Kiehl's shop, the consultant recommended me this range. However, I did not like it. Yes, it is oil-free based products whereby, easily absorb without greasiness. Anyhow, does not give enough hydration on my skin. Not only does not improve my skin, it makes my skin creates more oil and after half an hour or an hour later, I will have shiny oily face. So this time, my skin condition is alot better, Once again, I visited this shop but consulted different consultant. I told her I do not want the oil-free range anymore and shared my past experience with her. So, this time, she recommended me Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner, Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion, Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, & Midnight Recovery Eye.

I was told the toner has anti-inflame and anti-bacterial function. It is soothing and calming toner. Inside the bottle comes with the flowers. It can be used as daily mask (wet cotton pad with the toner and spread over face). So, she said can help my redness. For enlarged pores, the lotion and masque will help. After applying the lotion, my skin is no longer feel tight from dryness. Can see abit glow. It absorbs pretty quickly and leaves no sticky feeling but does have a thin veil of protection. I do not feel oily and it really shines free and my glasses does not slide down. It controls oil production well. The masque really deep cleansed my pores. I can see all the impurities popping out from my enlarged pores. For the eye cream, using Lancome eye gel for sometimes, it does not function anymore. I have tight eyelids and always feel tired eyes. With Kiehl's eye cream, it works wonder on my first day. Really soothes my eyelids. At least I do not feel as tired and as tight before. So far, I have used above only a day or 2. I am already loving it. My face is fresh and clean and importantly matte with glow instead of dry haggard skin. The beauty consultant said to get back to her after a week for night moisturizer recommendation. In the meantime, try out the above for a week and if I do not complain and it all works well, she will adjust my night regime.

She gave me BB cream, Ultral Facial Cleanser & Clearly Corrective Skin Brightening Exfoliator trial sachets.  Her recommendation is BB cream use it on the part that need coverage. Use separate Sunblock then on top of it BB cream. If want to use it alone as all in one, also can but makesure to remove well. The cleanser can be daily use and 3 times a day (I wash 3 times a day so she does not advice me to use exfoliator as my facial wash. Will be too harsh). For now, exfoliator use 1-2 times a week as scrub. People who washes face twice a day, can treat it as cleanser. I have not tried the cleanser and the exfoliator yet. Will commend about it after I have tried out. As for the BB cream, initially I wanted all in one usage. Upon her saying, I tried her way. Use my existing Biotherm UV then on top of it lightly pat on my cheeks ( as these 2 parts are giving me redness upon contact with sun). So far I am loving it once again!!

With correct recommendation, it just falls on the right track with satisfaction. That is why I cannot content myself from sharing this amazing result in my blog. I hope it helps on those people who are alike me :) I will go back to her in the next few days to re-asses my regime :) Good day all!!

1 comment: