Thursday 11 April 2013

My Personal Review of Skincare - Part 6

I had left out in my Part 5 Skincare Review of being given a sample on Midnight Recovery Concentrate. It is essential oil with some other ingredients to form up the concoction. It comes with a glass bottle with its' droplet. Per application only needs 1-2 drops. The design of the droplet is simple and easy to control the drops. Typical droplet is press and release rubber type but Kiehl's comes up with press button type. With my unstable skin type (if you are new, please read through my previous blogs to learn of my skin type), applying oil on my skin?? Definitely a big NO-NO..I am afraid of taking the risk..anyways, I give it a go and try it :) I did my research on other users' reviews, some with positive results, some dislike it. I came upon one user that mentioned for each application, she encountered white bumps forming so she had stopped using it since after twice trial. As for positive reviews will be wake up with glowing smooth skin. For my case, I experience the later one - wake up with glowing smooth skin plus improvement. My current skin condition is I have some tiny red dots on my left cheek - was told clog just that I need to wait for the pimples to surface and mature and heal. The improvement works on this area - reduce the red dots, for those dots that need to be matured, eventually matured and dried off. Amazingly, it works on each application that is why only few days into this and the area has been greatly recovered from the ugly sight I mentioned above.

KIEHL'S HAUL

Yup, I went back to top up more products from it. Like I said in my last skincare blog, I am currently into Kiehl's facial regime. Very satisfied. So, I went back to get myself - Ultra Facial Cleanser, Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ & Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

Love the cleanser as it leaves my skin moist and smooth soft texture without stripping my skin. Best is I do not need to double cleanse when I am using UV. This cleanser is sufficient already. Simple & fast :) Most double cleanse or make-up remover need to be used on dry skin but this, works on dampen face and wet hands. Importantly, I feel fresh and clean after wash. Squeeze some out on palm, add water to it and spiral up foam before applying on damp face. If cleansing time getting less foam, try add some water and continue.

Did not get the sample for UV but I invested on it eventhough I still have my Biotherm UV left over. Why?! Because it can prevent sunburn so I read. Is a small tube so I suppose will not last me long. Squeeze out a dollop size, blend with fingers and apply on cheeks first before T-Zone subsequently neck. For my case, I was advised to apply more on my cheeks as these 2 areas are prone to redness. It is indeed light weight without sticky after feel, as for my redness..hhmm...better but I do still have 'em..blek! :) Comparatively, it is not as red as before when I was using other UV brands that promise will do the same. At least Kiehl's UV allows me to look presentable even with some light redness. I suppose once again it lives up to its function stated - prevent sunburn.

The concoction - Midnight Recovery Concentrate - Is my favourite!! Now, I know why many reviews claimed it is most favourite concoction..hehehe..even in Kiehl's customer favourite chart, it is one of the best customers' like. It is use daily night after toner. By using this, I can skip moisturizer. The smell is calmed and relaxing. Indeed makes me sleep well at night and does not give my skin oiliness. I wake up with renewed skin - glowing but not oily. I always use 2 drops on my palm then i blend it with another palm once then I inhale the essential oil smell before lightly pat on my cheeks first then to my T-Zone subsequently to neck. Lightly press a few times to allow well absorption. It actually leaves skin well protected overnight without stripping moisture and no sticky/greasy after feel. I do not feel oily at all on my palms - usually oil will leave on the surface of the skin but not this oil!!

NOTE:- I consulted the consultant about one of the users mention white bumps appearing after using. She said by using this, if one has block lymph node, it will cause breakouts (pimples/acnes) or detox (white bumps). Please keep using. Continue, eventually skin will be healthy. After the detox incident, skin will be flawlessly healthy. Whatever you use after that will not cause any trouble instead skincare will be well absorbed. Skin will be enhanced day after day!  This consultant told me she uses this and caused her breakouts on her 2 cheeks with big cystic acnes. Bue she kept using it until now. From what I see her skin now, well, ahem...flawless baby skin!! very healthy and nice with glow..I praised her skin and she thanked me :) I hope I will eventually have her healthy skin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment